Guys, we have great news for you. Scientists have recently developed a new technology that allows textiles to permanently give off a certain smell, and two of our favorite companies —Johnnie Walker and Harris Tweed Hebrides— have leveraged this technology to produce a line of whiskey-scented blankets. Seriously.
Johnnie Walker started by developing a new scent, called Aqua Alba, that replicates the aromas released from a glass of whiskey. According to JW, it smells of “rich malt, golden vanilla, red fruit, and dark chocolate tones” — just like a bottle of Black Label.
This aroma is then applied to textiles using a new micro-encapsulation technology, wherein scents are layered in the fabric throughout the finishing process, allowing them to survive the dry-cleaning process — so you can always smell like you accidentally fell into a swimming pool full of single-malt islay, even after washing the blanket multiple times.
No word on when you can actually get your hands on one of these boozy blankets, but HT did hint that the first in its upcoming range of whiskey-scented products will come from Milan-based designer Angelos Bratis, and will be unveiled in Berlin sometime soon. We’ll keep you posted on availability!
- 5 American-Made Smokey Whiskeys to Enjoy with Barbecue
- The 2017 Scotch Whisky Blend of the Year is Only $3,999
- Irish Heart with Caribbean Soul: Tullamore D.E.W. Releases Rum Cask-Finished Whiskey
- 5 Scotch Whiskies So Exclusive You Have to Fly to Buy Them
- The Best Irish Whiskey for Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day