Baume et Mercier is a brand with longevity. It is their classic dress pieces that have kept them around for so long. Thin, elegant, and affordable is Baume et Mercier. Over the years, they have introduced new pieces into their production lines to rejuvenate sales. Their latest introduction might be my favorite from them in some time. The Baume et Mercier Classima Moonphase well maintains the brand persona.
At 40mm in diameter, this stainless steel case houses a swiss quartz movement operating time, date and moonphase. What is on the dial is what sets this piece apart from other Baume et Merciers’, the large moon phase. Placed dead center there is no missing it. A classic element on a grand scale. Typically a moon phase complication might be on the pricier side but a quartz piece is very reasonable. A crocodile strap with folding buckle rounds the piece out nicely.
This is the epitome of a value dress watch. Classic size and complication, nice strap, nice brand. Priced at a mere $1,850 msrp, this piece that might be the graduation gift of 2015. The caseback is a blank canvas for engraving. Baume et Mercier knows its strengths and has proven them once again. This big moon phase will be visible more often than the recent red super moon of this past week.
- Ikea is Revisiting Its Biggest Hits in Honor of Its 75th Anniversary
- Everything You Need to Know to Get Your Scuba Diving Certification
- Britain’s Legendary Morgan Motor Company Announces ‘110 Anniversary’ Lineup
- Don’t Fear the Flannel: The Best Men’s Flannel Shirts for Fall
- Fall Running Gear: Must-Haves for Adjusting to Autumn Temperatures