Billy Reid has been on the move as of late. With a launch at Saks this year and a second store opening in New York this month the designer is busy to say the least. The Alabama-based designer is known for bringing Southern sensibility to designer fashion and his aesthetic has taken off. Now to top it off he one-upped his own success with a new denim line named MSL Denim, which was announced last Friday. The line is named after Muscle Shoals – the town in Alabama where Reid is based. Reid said in a release that MLS was the airport code for Muscle Shoals, so the label just stuck. The denim comes in two fits: slim and standard.
They also offer each fit in three washes that include a raw selvedge, 6-months washed and a 12-months washed. Following his Made in America heritage, each pair is designed in Alabama, then sewn and washed in top-shelf production facilities in Northern California. There are selvedge features in pockets and trims as well as copper-brushed details on the fly and waistband. The leather patch branding on the back waistband is stamped Made in the USA and has Reid’s signature bar tacks on the back right pocket. They will run you between $200-$250 depending on your style and wash. Pretty price point standard for designer denim. Check them out here at Billy Reid.
- Not a Fan of the Flannel? These are the Best Cold-Weather Alternatives
- Burt Reynolds, Man’s Man and Unconventional Movie Star, Dead at 82
- The Best American Single Malt Whiskey
- Witness the Northern Lights at Eye-Level from a Private Charter Plane
- Luxury Train Travel: Ride the Rails in Splendor Aboard One of These Extravagant Trains