Recycling is a pretty simple concept, but anyone who’s seen that recycling episode of Portlandia knows, it’s a teeny more complicated than it probably should be. Your call on exactly why that is but Kiehl’s has honed in on one possible reason—a lack of standardized labeling throughout the country. They’ve been partnering with a non profit called Recycle Across America for a few years to push for uniform labeling of recycling starting with American public schools. On the occasion of April’s Earth day, they’ve launched some limited edition packaging for their Ultra Face Cream featuring the designs of Alanis Morissette and Zachary Quinto and are donating $50,000 of the proceeds to Recycle Across America. The cream is lightweight and formulated to keep skin hydrated for up to 24 hours. A good product for anyone really, but we’re gonna go ahead and say this is actually a great idea for a feel good Mother’s Day gift, which is just around the calendrical corner.
And while you’re shopping at Kiehl’s, you might want to take note of their ongoing bottle recycling initiative. Bring your empty Kiehl’s bottle back to one of their stores and they’ll give you a card with a stamp on it, which can later be cashed in for free stuff.
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Limited Edition ($46.50 / 4.2 oz) at kiehls.com
- Go for Gold with the Limited-Edition Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Collection
- Angel’s Envy Bourbon Now Comes Aged in Oloroso Sherry Casks (But Good Luck Getting Some)
- Kiehl’s Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil is Great for Guys with Problem Skin
- The Best Water Bottles to Keep You Hydrated in 2019
- These Avocado Toast-Inspired Sneakers by Saucony Sold Out In 2 Days