For several seasons now, the Swedish-based menswear label GANT Rugger has been impressing The Manual with its inimitable brand of easy, modern clothing. Now the GANT archive-inspired line is winning us over with its newest outpost in Bucktown, and chances are if you weren’t a fan before, the above pics might just change your mind. Located at 1702 N Damen Avenue in Chicago, the new store is GANT Rugger’s largest store in the US, following stores in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco, and features the complete GANT Rugger collection alongside selected pieces from the GANT by Michael Bastian label. That said, the 2,000-sq.-foot store offers one of the best-looking interiors we’ve seen in a while, complete with a custom-built mahogany bookcase fitted with copper pipe detailing to tables handcrafted from century-old salvaged wood. Adding to the mix are Persian Mahal and Sivas rugs, mid-century modern furniture including a Milo Baughman rosewood sofa and Paul McCobb loungers, and fitting rooms with vintage schoolhouse doors. GANT Rugger even imported a stainless steel kitchen unit—a subtle nod to its unique relationship with foodie culture—to serve as a display area. Bright, airy and sustainable, the store brings true cachet to the increasingly popular neighborhood.
- Preppy Pioneer GANT Celebrates 70 Years by Releasing 7 of the Brand’s Most Iconic Looks
- The Don Draper-Worthy TWA Hotel Reopens Near JFK and It’s Stunning
- These Medieval Bandit9 Motorcycles Inspired by King Arthur Are Living in the Future
- Detroit’s Shinola Hotel Has Us Feeling Right At Home
- Urban Loft Meets New England Farm in Ben’s Barn in Maine