Super Bowl XLVIII is finally here next Sunday, and this year, the Seattle Seahawks are taking on the Denver Broncos at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, and we’re getting ready to indulge in wings, nachos and more. Here’s our guide on what you should wear, eat, drink and if you’re in New York, where you should shop.
What to Wear: Your Team’s Sweatshirt
What to Eat: Crown Royal Wings
· ⅓ cup honey, SueBee
· ¼ cup soy sauce, Kikkoman
· 2 tablespoons Thai chili sauce
· 1 packet (0.75-ounce) stir-fry seasoning, Sun Bird
· 2 teaspoons crushed garlic, Gourmet Garden
· 4 pounds chicken wing drumettes
· 3 scallions (green onions), finely chopped (optional)
· ¼ cup chopped peanuts, Planters® (optional)
Preparation: In a large bowl, combine whisky, honey, soy sauce, chili sauce, stir-fry seasoning, and garlic. Add drumettes, tossing to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
Set up grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking. Let drumettes stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Place on hot, oiled grill. Cook for 12 to 18 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally. Transfer chicken to a platter. Sprinkle with chopped scallions and peanuts (optional).
What to Drink: BLT (Bulleit Lemon Tonic)
1.3 oz Bulleit® Bourbon
2 lemon wedges
3 oz. tonic
Preparation: Build in a highball glass, serve over ice
What to Play Your Own Football Game With: Leather Shinola Football
Leather Shinola Football, $135 at shinola.com.
Where to Shop: Freemans Sporting Club Super Bowl Sample Sale
If you’re close to or in New York and more into dressing nice than watching the Pro Bowl, head over to Freemans Sporting Club, where it’s the last day of the Freemans Sporting Club Super Bowl Sample Sale, where you’ll find 50 to 75 percent off suiting, outerwear and more.
Freemans Sporting Club Super Bowl Sample Sale, through January 26 at 6 p.m., Freemans Sporting Club, 8 Rivington Street between Chrystie and Bowery.
- Elevate Your Game with these Super Bowl Party Food and Drink Ideas
- The Tastiest (and Easiest) Poke Recipe to Make at Home
- You’re Going to Need These Bloody Mary Recipes
- Score Big at the Watch Party with these Super Bowl LII-Themed Cocktails
- Foraging For and Feasting on Chanterelle Mushrooms in the Pacific Northwest