For anyone who lives in a walking city or is on their feet all day, a brogue or loafer can get awfully uncomfortable by mid day. We will never know how women do the heel thing all day.
Yet we are vehemently against the late 90s sneaker and suit trend. Luckily Cole Haan has come to the rescue with their LunarGrand line – a conceptual hybrid incorporating Nike’s innovative ultra-lightweight Lunarlon cushioning system into Cole Haan’s traditional kicks. We thought it may look too raver (or crazy old man) but it works. Possibly because of the neon colors chosen for the soles.
We are especially fond of the LunarGrand Penny Tassel style created with fragment’s Hiroshi Fujiwara. Made with premium leather and hand-rolled leather tassels as well as a heritage-inflected kiltie detail (that fringe tongue you see on golf shoes), these can work in the boardroom or out on the town.
The Cole Haan & fragment design LunarGrand Penny Tassel, $298 available at Cole Haan SoHo, 128 Prince Street, New York. Tel: 212.219.8240
- Would You Wear These Oxford Sneakers to the Boardroom or Ball Court?
- No Laces Necessary: The Best Chelsea Boots for Men
- 6 Best Leather Jackets for Men This Season
- Keep Your Toes Off the Cold Floor this Winter with the Best Men’s House Shoes and Slippers
- Keep Your Pants On With the Best Leather Belts for Men