Brooks Running shoes are making a “style” comeback this spring. The company is celebrating its centennial with the Brooks Heritage collection featuring its vintage Vanguard remake. Originally created in 1976, the Vanguard sneaker was the brand’s star and the epitome of the 1970s running boom. We have to mention the retro color combos on the new collection. Our two favorites are the kelly green and white as well as the royal blue suede with orange leather mesh. The shoes feature the classic T-toe and a super-comfortable pebbled sole. After a day with these on your feet you might feel a little less pain (at least we did).
Brooks has been on a bit of a hiatus in recent years so the brand isn’t so fresh in shoe lovers’ minds. Whenever I wear mine I consistently get two comments. One is “where did you get those?” and the other always consists of warm nostalgic comments about the brand. These boys will run you just under $100 for a pair and are definitely those everyday kicks that you can just throw on and know they look GOOD with NO effort. Check out the styles here for yourself.
- Fall Running Gear: Must-Haves for Adjusting to Autumn Temperatures
- The Best Fall Sales on Menswear and Gear This Weekend
- Get Ready for Fall With These Classic Oxford Shirts for Men
- Tips for Staying Healthy on the Road from People Who Get Paid to Drink
- Reflections on Running 40 Kilometers Through the Swiss and French Alps