The 2016 BMW 7 Series has just been unveiled to the public, and as the company’s flagship sedan, it features the latest and greatest tech BMW has to offer.
Whether it’s self-leveling air suspension, laser headlights, or heated armrests, the new car clearly spent a lot of time in Munich’s secret R&D labs. None of those are our favorite though, so in no particular order, let’s break down the coolest techie bits of the big Bimmer.
BMW Vitality Programme
For the 2016 model year, BMW’s iDrive 5.0 infotainment system integrates a touch display for the first time. However, the control wheel is still located near the gear selector for added functionality.
Gesture control is also new to iDrive, which measures hand movements with a 3D sensor. With a simple wave, the driver can adjust audio volume, control phone connectivity, and interact with customized options. The 7 Series also offers voice control, wireless mobile charging, and Wi-Fi.
Sky Lounge Panorama glass roof
The 7 Series lineup will make its in-the-metal debut at the 2015 Frankfurt Auto Show in September. The cars are scheduled to arrive in U.S. showrooms this fall.
- 5 types of cigars you need to know about
- You can now get 5,000 free audiobooks — and they use your own A.I.-generated voice
- The 10 best action movies on Amazon Prime that will blow you away
- Pickleball injuries are on the rise: 5 preventive tips to keep you on the court
- 7 Excellent Disney+ Originals You Need to Stream Now