Work-appropriate footwear is tricky business: go square-toed and everyone thinks you have zero style; go Alden and everyone thinks you have too much or that you’re after the boss’s job. Enter Japanese footwear brand Rain Man, which offers shoes styled just right so they don’t draw too much attention to the wearer while offering one uber cool feature: uppers made from enviro-friendly matte PVC and polyurethane so that the entire shoe is 100% waterproof. For now, Rain Man shoes come in just two styles—the Oxford and the Brogue boot—but guys get an array of outsoles to choose from, including “stacked,” monochromatic outsoles to a casual white contrasting bottom. Constructed in the manner of most leather footwear, each shoe additionally comes with a technologically advanced antibacterial, breathable interior so sweaty feet won’t be an issue. Rain Man shoes, particularly the boots, look great beyond the work week, so rain specialist brands like Hunter, L.L. Bean and Tretorn have some serious competition on their hands. The brand goes into wider distribution across the US early next year, but for those who can’t wait to score a pair you can get it now on the company website at www.store-rainmanjapan.com.
- The 5 Best Sneakers for Men You Can Buy Right Now
- Stay Fit This Winter with the Best Off-Season Training Gear for Men
- Put Your Foot to the Floor With the 5 Best Driving Loafers
- Footwear Facts: How to Weather- and Waterproof Your Boots
- Must-Have Winter Accessories to Get You Through this Year’s Cold Season