BMW sold out its entire first run of i8 plug-in hybrid sports cars. That doesn’t mean, however, that it doesn’t need to promote the thing, as the efficient yet torque-y powertrain will likely influence run-of-the-mill Bimmers in years to come.
Last week, we saw a video detailing the i8’s exceptionally cool laser headlight system – a first for a production car. Now the German automaker has released a video about the i8’s performance, detailing the clever drivetrain.
Sure, the opening is a bit weird with some blue-shirted German guy sitting near a water feature, pretending to be surprised when the narrator says that performance “isn’t the biggest concern…”
Dig a bit deeper in to the video, though, and it’s fairly informative. That is, if you’ve not already read-up on the i8 before.
There’s no denying the beauty of the exterior of the i8. The bits underneath, as it turns out, are just as striking and awe-inspiring. Just look at the photo gallery above for perfect example. Like Apple, it would seem BMW is keen to make the stuff drivers don’t see as stunning as the body.
- What Kind of Motorcycle Should I Get? A Guide to the Best Motorcycle Types
- Gordon Murray T.50 Is a V12-Powered Sequel to the Legendary McLaren F1
- The VW Atlas Cross Sport Is the Only Coupe SUV That Makes Sense
- BMW’s In-Car Subscription Feature Is a No-Good, Terrible Idea
- 6 Fastest Cars in the World Right Now