Rain-resistant outerwear has long been a staple for people who like to be prepared. And considering the alternative, it’s for good reason. Nobody likes to walk around soaking wet and cold, so it’s important to have that protective layer that will keep you dry during your outdoor excursions.
When choosing the best rain jacket, functionality should be priority number one. If your raincoat isn’t suited to perform in a downpour, then it shouldn’t be hanging in your closet matter how great it may look. We recommend you look for options that will cover all your necessities.
Columbia Glennaker Lake Rain Jacket
When sifting through the best of the best, we recommend you go with a brand you can trust, and what brand can you trust more than Columbia Sportswear? The Glennaker Lake waterproof overcoat is the best rain jacket because of its stylish construction, protection from precipitation, and moisture-wicking nylon shell that’s breathable, durable, and dries quickly.
- Omni-Tech fabric for ultimate protection
- Offered in a heap of different colorways to respond to personal preferences
- Hideaway hood for when the sun comes out
- Stuffs into its own pocket for easy storage
Gioberti Rain Jacket
Finding a quality jacket on a budget is no easy task, but the sportswear gurus at Gioberti have you covered — literally. This polyester rain jacket is equipped with modern waterproof technology to stave off the rain on contact, fully secured seams to protect your ensemble underneath, and a breathable mesh lining for all-day comfort.
- Polyester fabric repels everything from a drizzle to a downpour
- Easy to store once you get indoors
- Suitable for all activities, from leisure to sport
Condor Summit Soft-Shell Jacket
This soft-shell rain jacket from Condor features a breathable fabric that’s layered with a PTFE coating with microscopic pores, which work together to fend off rainfall and provide a dry, comfortable, and breathable environment for your torso. It’s lightweight, making it a versatile choice for layering with warmer pieces whether you’re at the office or trekking a mountain trail.
- Great as an everyday, all-purpose rain jacket
- A variety of protective pockets
- Approved by National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA)
Hart Schaffner Marx Burnett Trench Coat
You can’t have a collection of the best rain jackets without a timeless trench coat design. Yes, there’s no hood, but what Hart Schaffner’s Burnett trench coat lacks in protection above the neck it makes up for with sophisticated style and coverage everywhere else. It’s got the classic double-breasted craftsmanship that fits smoothly over a suit and solid water resistance. Without the hood, though, it’s not suited for torrential downpours without an umbrella.
- Protects a larger surface area than most rain jackets
- Supplies unmatched style
- Great option for taller men with broad shoulders
- The 6 Best Rain Jackets for Men: No Umbrella Necessary
- 7 Best Running Jackets, From Waterproof to Breathable
- 5 Best Luggage Deals In The Amazon Big Style Sale 2020
- The Best Workout Brands For Men Right Now
- 14 Best Men’s Athleisure Brands to Wear at Home