Don’t get us wrong, we love a beach vacation as much as the next dude. But we can’t help craving a little more of an experience from a trip these days. Something a little more left field that we’ll be recalling for weeks after at the office water cooler.
Introducing the new and improved Le Grand Bellevue in Gstaad, a seriously scenic village in southwest Switzerland. The 57-room hotel has literally just been re-launched by a hip young Swiss couple Daniel and Davia Koetser and boy, have they read our minds about what we want from a summer vacation circa 2014.
The interior of this concept bolthole blends sumptuous classic style with quirky, design-savvy detail – think giant plaid sofas and bulldog lamps. But the real story lies in the combination of chill pastimes and hilarious activities on offer, all happening either on-site or a stone’s throw away. If you’re looking for full-on relaxation, lounge about and take in the mountainscape or brand new spa by day and veg in front of a movie by night within the plush in-house cinema. If you’re all about seizing the day, get stuck into the rad array of activities on offer. Our personal favourites include the volleyball championship, the gourmet food trek and mountain cycling tours which include gourmet lunch boxes FYI.
Into it? Take advantage of their introductory summer offer of 7 nights for the price of 5. For more info visit www.bellevue-gstaad.ch/
- Why You Should Go Solo on a Group Travel Trip with Modern Adventure
- Ski Butlers are a Thing. We Went to the Rockies to Find Out What they Do and Why
- The Best Places to Travel in 2018 and Where You Should Visit Instead
- 3 Luxury Resorts in the Northeast that Outdoor Enthusiasts Will Love
- 20 First Date Ideas Guaranteed to Help You Get that Second One