It’s already snowing in many parts of the U.S. For some, that means it’s time to pack up their hiking shoes and outdoor gear for the year and hunker down for another winter. For others, they’re just getting the party started. If you fall into the latter camp, and watersports are your thing, it’s the best time of year to score some major deals on kayaks. Yes, Black Friday is behind us but thankfully it’s Cyber Monday.
We’re rounding up some major discounts on everything from the Cyber Monday backpack deals to Cyber Monday discounts on camping equipment. Huge retailers like Amazon and Moosejaw already offered some great deals, and you can expect plenty more to come later in the day. Whether you’re planning the itinerary for your next outdoor adventure right now or saving up for later, Cyber Monday is the best time of year to load up on new outdoor gear, including quality kayaks, kayak accessories, watersports accessories, and more. Here’s our quick guide to finding the best last-minute deals today and this holiday shopping season.
Every year, the Cyber Monday deals change daily and, in some cases, by the hour. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite deals below, but keep your eyes peeled for even more great deals to come this holiday shopping season.
This might seem obvious, but the first step before buying any new kayaking gear on Cyber Monday is to take stock of what you already have. If you’re a newbie, it’s simple: You probably need all the essentials before hitting the water. Think about the obvious, like the kayak itself, the paddles, and a PFD. Consider other important accessories like a roof-mounted kayak rack for your car, a waterproof storage box for your personal effects, a wide-brimmed hat, and a long-sleeved sun shirt to protect your skin.
It might be worth it to start small with a wide, entry-level kayak that’s ultra-stable and designed for beginners. Once you’re more confident on the water, consider upgrading to a longer, narrow kayak built for speed and better tracking. Wilderness Systems offer affordable, entry-level kayaks that are perfect for amateurs. If portability is a factor, consider an inflatable kayak from Intex or a foldable alternative like the origami-inspired Oru Inlet.
Avid kayakers may already have most, if not all, of the gear they need. But, perhaps it’s time for an upgrade. Maybe you want to add fishing gear to your kayak setup to make things a little more interesting? Maybe your significant other is newly interested in kayaking, so this Cyber Monday could be ideal for shopping tandem kayaks. If you really want to step up your game, check out some of the more advanced touring kayaks from brands like Eddyline and Stellar. They’re pricey, but you’re worth it, and there’s no better time to buy than right now.
Like most years, the best Cyber Monday deals will be found online. Of course, shopping from home makes even more sense in the time of COVID. So, make a plan not to leave the house, sit in your favorite lounge pants, and shop some truly amazing deals at these retailers from the comfort of home:
- Amazon’s annual Cyber Monday deals are some of the best anywhere. You may not need to look anywhere else to stock your kayaking gear closet this year, as we’re expecting kayak deals of as much as 40% off. In many cases, Amazon Prime members score free delivery to boot.
- We’re expecting deep discounts of up to 30% or more on the best outdoor gear brands, including Arc’teryx, Mountain Hardwear, Smartwool, and more.
- Sea to Summit: Another of our favorite outdoor gear brands, Sea to Summit promises deep discounts on paddling-related accessories.
- The 25 Best Action Movies on Netflix In 2021
- The 10 Best Umbrellas to Dodge the Drizzle in 2021
- Best Cheap Dumbbell Deals for September 2021
- Best Cheap Grill Sales and Deals for 2021
- Have Amazon Prime? Here’s How To Get Two Free Books at Audible