This post originally ran on our brother site Digital Trends:
In part three of our three part Innovators and Essentials series, presented by Scion, we stopped over at one of the two garages that make up the headquarters for Breadwinner Cycles and spoke with Ira Ryan and Tony Pereria. Ira and Tony are the co-founders of Breadwinner Cycles and they also make and assemble every single bicycle they sell. We discuss how they got started in the business, what inspires them and how technology has changed or not changed over the years in building bikes.
Their handmade steel frames are tig welded, and outfitted with the latest modern components including disc brakes and electronic shifting.
- What It’s Like to Drive a Tank for the First Time Ever
- An Old Garage Is Transformed Into an Artist’s Home and Studio in San Francisco
- A Meaty Conversation About Butchery and Thanksgiving Turkey with Zeph Shepard
- An Introductory Guide to Train Travel in the United States
- Say No to Disposables with All the Best Reusable Lunch Gear for Guys