We know how dorky many of you think bike helmets look. They’re big and bulky, plus they mess up your hair. Who wants to put up with that? Apparently a lot of you, from what we’ve seen on the streets of New York. We bet you didn’t know that one study found that 85 percent of head injuries caused by a bike accident occurred when the rider wasn’t wearing a helmet. And if you did, and still refuse to wear a helmet — you’re an idiot! So unless you want to end up with a ghost bike memorial, we suggest that you put one on. We searched for the coolest bike helmets so that you can protect your noggin in style. Whether you’re going for a preppy look, a futuristic space look or a simple and sleek look, there’s something for you — and if you’re still worried that your hair will get messed up, just carry around a comb and a travel-sized bottle of hair gel. You can always freshen up your do once you get to wear you need to go.
L-R: Giro Surface Helmet, visit giro.com for more information; Bern Allston Helmet, $89.99 at bernunlimited.com; Yakkay Helmet, visit yakkay.com for more details; T1 Bike Helmet, visit torchapparel.com for more information; Catlike Whisper Helmet, $224.95 at competitivecyclist.com; Nutcase Helmet in Shark Skin, $60 at nutcasehelmets.com; Mission Bicycle Company Woodgrain Helmet, $69.99 at missionbicycle.com.
- Protect Your Noggin With the Best Racing Helmets for Amateurs and Pros
- What is Graphene? Only the Outdoor Industry’s New Wonder Material
- Don’t You Wish You Got these Artsy Stormtrooper Helmets for Christmas?
- This Motorcycle Helmet Bag from Neo and Sons Looks Way Better Than the One You Use Now
- Our Favorite Motorcycle Gear to Keep Us Safe When Riding