The beach can be a precarious place for a beard with all of that sand and sea. We spoke to Beardbrand’s Eric Bandholz to learn more about how to keep your beard looking fresh on the beach and after, while avoiding looking like a sea monster after coming out of the surf (hint, fluffing is involved).
Related: The Blind Barber
Here are Eric’s top tips:
- Rinse the beard immediately after being in the salt water. Find a fresh water shower because the salt can dry out your beard and make it really brittle.
- When you get out of the ocean, run your fingers through your beard and give it a little ‘fluff’. This will help you look a little more presentable.
- When you are home and hop in the shower, wash that beard really good. Be sure to use some beard softener to bring back the moisture the beach took out of it. It’s like a conditioner so let it sit in your beard for anywhere from 30 seconds to five minutes.
- When you are out of the shower just use a little beard oil and you are good to go.
For more beard care products, check out Beardbrand here.
- Grooming 101: How to Grow and Maintain Stubble
- Behold, Bearded Brethren! These Are the Best Beard Oils You Can Buy
- Kona Brewing Wants to Kick-Start Your Beach Bod with a New Light Beer
- New Year, New Gear: Our Favorite Brands and Top Product Picks at Surf Expo 2018
- Shaving Tips for Black Men: Best Products and Practices