The Internet is a wondrous place. Just think: A few decades ago, if you wanted to cook a nice meal, you had to find a recipe in a book, write down all the ingredients you’d need, get in your car, and go to the store to buy the ingredients. Then you’d have to cook it!
No more, we say! We refuse to be slaves to Big Grocery. Instead, we’re going to take a different approach: Amazon Prime Now. (All hail Big Amazon).
With Amazon Prime Now, you don’t have to leave your chair (we recommend these chairs if you’re going to spend a lot of time in one) and you can still get everything you need for a gourmet meal delivered right to you. The selection differs depending on what city you’re in, but most major cities have roughly the same ingredients available, just from different providers.
Because we could do it, we did. Below, you’ll find everything you need to make a ribeye steak with roasted potatoes and a chimichurri sauce. All you need to do is click through and order. Once you’ve gotten your ingredients (just search the marketplace), just follow the recipe below, crack open a beer, and enjoy.
Amazon Prime Now not available in your area yet? We still think you should cook this steak. Look at how beautiful that meat is! How could you not want to try this recipe?
- 1 ribeye steak (16-oz)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Take a cast iron skillet, place it in the oven, and preheat to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Brush both sides of the steak with oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Once the oven has heated, remove and place on the stovetop over medium heat.
4. Sear one side of the steak for two minutes. Flip the steak, top with garlic, and place in the oven for around six minutes.
5. Put steak back on stovetop over low heat. Flip the steak again and top with butter.
6. Tilt the pan so you can scoop up the butter and garlic and continually coat for one to three minutes, depending on desired doneness (use a meat thermometer to confirm desired doneness—medium rare will be between 120 degrees Fahrenheit and 125 degrees Fahrenheit).
7. Let rest for five minutes, then top with browned butter and chimichurri sauce before serving.
- 2 lb red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- .5 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Place quartered potatoes in a roasting pan and toss with oil and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cook for twenty minutes, stirring occasionally.
- .5 c packed fresh parsley
- .5 c olive oil
- .33 c red wine vinegar
- .5 c packed fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- .5 tsp salt
- .5 tsp black pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse to blend. Best used within two hours of processing.
- Chef Hugh Acheson Shares Some of His Tastiest Slow Cooker Recipes
- Seductively Delicious Aphrodisiac Recipes to Cook at Home this Valentine’s Day
- This is the Best Guacamole Recipe Ever (Because it Has Tequila)
- Celebrate Burns Night with Scotch and Haggis
- Elevate Your Game with these Super Bowl Party Food and Drink Ideas