If you’re looking for a way to up your cocktail game, smoking the drink with a variety of wood or herbs is a sure-fire way to do it.
Smokers can be purchased for under $100 on amazon, and once you’ve got the equipment, you’re well on your way. Check out this smoked cocktail, aptly named “Smoke” from ROKC in New York City to get a sense of how you can get your cocktails from ho-hum to holy sh*t.
(Created by Shige Kabashima)
- 2 oz Buffalo Trace bourbon
- .5 oz Cynar
- .25 Ancho Reyes Chili Liqueur
- 3 Dashes Lagavulin 16
- 3 Dashes Homemade Angostura bitters
- Cinnamon stick
Method: In a large tulip glass add a ball of ice. Pour ingredients in and swirl to mix. Place under glass bell and smoke with cinnamon stick for 15-20 seconds.
- Chef Hugh Acheson Shares Some of His Tastiest Slow Cooker Recipes
- Outdoor Retailer + Snow Show 2018: The Best Gear of the Year
- Get Ready for the Big Game with these Super Bowl Party Essentials
- The Importance of Goals, Tools, and Cheat Days in Your Daily Routine
- The Most Appealing Banana Liqueur Cocktails on the Planet