We are always pleased to see a ‘Feel Good Friday’ brand expand. We have been fans of the leather accessories company Oliberte for several years now, and their launch of a new natural Gorilla wax proves to us they are thriving. And so too are the sub-Saharan African workers the company works closely with.
For thousands of years, Shea butter has been used as a natural waterproofing agent in Africa.
The Gorilla Wax recipe is simple + natural:
- Organic Beeswax
- Organic Shea Butter
- Organic Sunflower Oil
- Bee Propolis Extract
In many others, you may find silicone, petroleum and artificial ingredients.
Founder Tal Dehtiar wanted to create a waterproofing wax to compliment Oliberte’s leather products, which he founded in 2009. In 2013, they became the world’s first Fair Trade Certified footwear manufacturing company.
Check out this handy video showing how it all comes together to become one helluva waterproof wax:
Pull out this handy stick to waterproof anything your heart desires from shoes, to bags, to jackets and hats. Simply roll on and use your fingers to get hard to reach corners. Waterproofing starts immediately!
Follow Oliberte on Instagram to keep up with everything they are up to.
- Under Armour’s New High-Rech Foam Gives Runners Both Comfort and Performance
- The Perfect Travel-Size Toiletries to Pack for a Long, Lazy Weekend
- Solar-Powered Backpacks Provide Off-the-Grid, On-the-Go Energy Solutions
- The James Brand Crafts Practical Pocket Knives for Everyday Carry
- Outdoor Spring Cleaning Tasks You Should Actually Complete