Holiday parties are in the air, including the one where you get to get wasted with all the people you work with. Now let’s get to what you’re supposed to wear. Take a good look at the invitation. Does it say whether the party is casual or cocktail attire? What’s the venue? Is it a laid-back bar, or a swank event space? If it’s dressed down, slacks, a collared shirt and a sweater are sufficient, but if it’s a dressier affair, we suggest that you pick something snazzy, like the Band of Outsiders No Junk No Funk houndstooth jacket and trousers. The leather leather shawl lapels make this ensemble extra cool, giving you that slight touch of holiday fancy you need. Add a shirt, tie, nice shoes and a pair of cufflinks and you’re all set. Just don’t hook up with any of your co-workers. Bad idea.
Clockwise, L-R: Band of Outsiders No Junk No Funk Houndstooth Jacket, $1,650 at barneys.com; Band of Outsiders No Bunk No Junk Houndstooth Trousers, $395 at barneys.com; John Varvatos USA Oxford Dress Shirt, $98 at bloomingdales.com; Alice Made This Matthew Steel Cuffinks, $165 at mrporter.com; Mark McNairy New Amsterdam Whole Cut Derby Shoes, $332.50 at eastdane.com; Topman Slim Woven Tie, at shop.nordstrom.com.
- How to wear a suit: The unspoken rules (and 2 styles you need to know)
- How to wear green on St. Patrick’s Day — style tips you need to look your best
- St. Patrick’s Day: What to wear (without looking like a leprechaun)
- A Stitch Fix expert tells us what to pack for a long weekend getaway this winter
- How to remove scuff marks from shoes (6 different methods that really work)