Shorts are tough for a grown ass man. They’re inherently casual by design, so for the sophisticated type, it’s often hard to find a short that still makes you feel like you’ve got the cahonas of the baller you are–or, in some cases, have convinced yourself you are.
Related: Best Indigo Finds For Summer
But the great thing about shorts is that being that they typically get less wear due to their older brother, pants, one can take more risks in terms of colors and patterns. They’re less a utility garment, not intended for the workplace, but rather a rare opportunity to take a style risk.
Or maybe that’s not you. And that’s fine. No judgments.
Thankfully, there’s a plethora of great shorts out there. Below, 13 of our favorites to get you through any occasion, from backyard BBQ to a yacht party (and everywhere in between).
Men’s Corduroy Short, Almond X Woolrich, $75
Brian Jogger In Indigo Sport, Mavi, $88
Conversational Basic Short, Original Penguin, $65
‘Bedford’ Floral Camo Print Cargo Shorts, WRK, $78
Drawstring Striped Shorts, Mark McNairy, $89
Casual Linen Bermuda, Vilebrequin, $250
FSC Shorts, Freemans Sporting Club, $150
Lucky’s Linen Shorts, CWST, $215
Mulberry Washed Nevada Shorts, 34 Heritage, $115
Cuffed Trouser Short, BESPOKEN, $215
Coastal Lace-Up, Aether Apparel, $135
All-Wear Shorts, Patagonia, $59
Kamber Board Shorts, WeSC, $60
- Don’t Be a Tourist, Be a Traveler with Cohica, the Experiential Travel Planning Service
- A Quick Guide to Port Wine and How You Should Drink It
- Levi’s Made & Crafted Collection is Spicier Compared to Your Regular 501s
- Dress Your Dude with Our Gift Guide to Men’s Basics
- Live Like a Bond Villain on the World’s Largest Submersible Super Yacht