A number of watch companies have recently taken to crowdfunding to achieve their horological aspirations.
Car and racing enthusiast Kyle Straut launched Straton Watch Co. in 2015 with a goal of being a one-stop shop for all sorts of automotive-inspired accessories. They’ve since sold more than 2,000 watches worldwide through crowdfunding and online sales.
His company’s latest efforts, a combo chronograph/diving watch and a striped weekender bag, have proven wildly popular with over $200,000 raised on a $15,000 goal (yes, that’s more than 1000% of the target).
The Syncro watch is a 20 ATM timepiece available in two case sizes (40 or 44mm), movements (VK64 Meca-Quartz or NE88 Automatic) and bezel choices (checkered or block). Buyers also get their choice of two straps from 11 different designs.
The Straton Weekend Bag will come in two different designs with similar racing heritage inspiration. Striping options include a red/blue or an orange/white in a full leather or leather/canvas mix bag.
Both pay tribute to the 1970s era of racing with bright colors, geometrical shapes, and other oversized features. Straton has other accessories currently available for regular purchase, including gloves that are inspired with a similar rally racing feel and color scheme.
Both pieces have limited options available, but you can back the project here.
- Lotuff Leather & The Manual Team Up to Debut New Leather Goods Collection in New York City
- From the Office to the Trail, Here’s the Best Dual-Purpose Work Gear
- 20 First Date Ideas Guaranteed to Help You Get that Second One
- Dwyane Wade Teams Up With Away for a Suitcase Designed for Wine and Other Awesome Travel Stuff
- Peak Design’s Travel Line Is the Kind of Compartmentalized Luggage Bag We love