Bonafide Goods: For the Modern Man
Bonafide Goods is the first micro-haberdashery in Phoenix specializing in Americana and quality men’s clothing. Greg Eveloff, owner, opened the men’s outfitter early this year. They offer Baldwin denim, designer Billy Reid and some killer accessories like San Diego-based Tsovet’s aeronautical themed watches. (Read: You must check out the watches)
Eveloff has been a men’s outfitter for more than 44 years in Phoenix. His newest store came on the advent of the Biltmore Fashon Park’s push to add local stores in its recent retail collective dubbed the Union. “It’s about trying to find different lines not represented,” Eveloff said. “For the guy that wants to be an individual.”
You’ll also find designers like Benson and Arizona-based R&R Surplus. They will carry R & R’s men’s line come this Fall. If you’re visiting Phoenix, or you’re local, and looking for a unique father’s day gift check out our top picks at Bonafide Goods.
- Tsovet Watches: The San Diego-based watchmaker models its lines after the aeronautical gear in the cockpit to make truly sharp accessory for the modern man. They are manufactured in Switzerland and are priced from $350 up.
- Billy Reid: One of the few places in Phoenix you can pick up the Alabama-based designer. If you’re looking for pure Americana and good quality look no further. Prices vary.
- Baldwin: Kansas City-based denim maker and my personal go-to. Bonafide carries a hand-selected array of their best denim and some button downs. Ask Sia Segraves the store manager and she can help you choose the best match. Denim will run you about $200 and up.
- Barbara Blank Ties and Bowties: Handmade in New York City these ties and bowties are very bold with bright colors and interesting designs. My favorites were the set of wool and knit ties. Prices Vary.
- Will Leather Goods: They carry the mother of all messenger bags and backpack that looks like it was stolen right off Jack Kerouac’s back. The Oregon-based leather maker creates high-quality leather bags and accessories. $200 and up.